Monday, December 27, 2010

Don't Tell Me That It's Over - Song A Week 2010 - 52

So.... last song a week for 2010. I've officially succeeded in writing at least one song every week of this year. Some songs were better than others, some demos or work tapes were better than others. But I'm happy I stuck with it.

This one was a veiled attempt at writing about an ending, but the lyric is a bit odd. I guess I channeled the end of the challenge into a new direction.






It's been years since you trusted someone else
Now you only pretend
I wonder when you're gonna realize
You've lost your only friend

Don't tell me that it's over
That it's coming to an end
I don't wanna know about
the shit you're always in
Don't tell me that it's over
Our time will be no more
Don't tell me that you loved the ride
As you lock me out your door
Don't tell me that it's over

You say you just refuse to believe
In noble acts
You say this world is built on greed
You just recite the facts

I know it's not the easiest
Thing you've ever done
But when you think about someone else
The better you become

I know you haven't heard a word I've said
So let me set you straight
You're gonna have a meeting in hell
And you won't be late

No comments:

Post a Comment