Monday, March 22, 2010

Home Town On Parade - Song A Week 12

I woke up at around 4:00 a.m. Went to work to finish up some stuff as no-one else was awake and on the way home the phrase "home town on parade" kind of seeped into my consciousness. A few minutes after arriving I recorded this in one take. Sometimes you gotta love it when inspiration doesn't need too much coaxing to show up.


Home Town On Parade



I smashed my thumb in a windowsill
At that big church up on 10th street hill
Where I got a shot in my ass
So I could start second grade
And this is my home town on parade

And now I'm passing Lover's Lane
The worst street to ever have the name
There was no place to park
No place to get laid
And this is my home town on parade

I use to walk to Berjuan park
I would drink vodka in the dark
I'd go there with my friends
Whenever we got paid
This is my home town on parade

And now I wonder why
I felt I had to leave
Being here once again
I get lost in my memories

And there's the place I almost died
In the back of a pickup. What a ride!
Being chased by rednecks
In a Chevrolet
And this is my home town on parade

No comments:

Post a Comment